Terms & conditions of Qualifying
- Membership Card
To The Trade membership is granted to committed professional Furniture Retailer, Interior designer or design company, architecture or property developer looking to resource some of the world’s finest furnishings . Fill out the registration form provide all information as per the registration form.
Please provide two qualifying documents from the list below.
- Current Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Business card
Once we've processed and approved your completed application, you'll receive a confirmation email that will give you access to program benefits until your membership card arrives in the mail (within four weeks).
We reserve the right to make all membership determinations at our sole discretion. Each professional must individually apply for membership.
Membership is not transferable. A membership card can only be used by the named card holder. The named card holder must present his/her valid membership card in person to receive the trade discount at time of purchase.
Misuse of membership may result in membership termination. Misuse includes, without limitation: use of the trade discount for personal purchases, any resale of merchandise purchased using the trade discount through any retail outlet (e.g., resale on or through any retail or auction Web site or store), reimbursement of trade discount upon merchandise return, transfer of membership, allowing others to use the membership card (e.g., sharing the card with a client), and submitting false, expired or misleading information in connection with a membership application.
Members may cancel their membership at any time and for any reason by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Membership Status
To check your membership status or dispute your membership level, please contact a dedicated Trade Representative at email@example.com or by phone,. Keep a copy of all your transaction receipts for the past 12 months. You may be asked to furnish your purchase records.
Members may be subject to additional terms and conditions printed on membership cards. IFC is not responsible for cards lost, damaged or stolen, or for any unauthorized use of cards. Lost, stolen or damaged cards may be canceled and replaced at the sole discretion of IFC. upon receipt of the required business documentation. The membership card is not a credit card.
IFC reserves the right to terminate a membership or cancel To The Trade at its sole discretion, with or without notice to the member.
Members may cancel their membership at any time and for any reason by emailing a dedicated Trade Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone.
Terms and Conditions
STANDARD CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
1. International Furniture Corporation: is an entity of The Robertsons Group of Companies. The expression “Seller” means the entity within INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION which sells the goods or provides the services to the "Buyer".
2. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Seller, the Buyer agrees that it will be bound by these terms and conditions. The Seller is not bound by any terms and conditions contained in any document issued by the Buyer.
3. Once a Sales Order has been accepted by the Buyer, it cannot be cancelled by the Buyer. The supply of goods or services is subject to availability. The Seller reserves the right to suspend or discontinue the supply of goods or services to the Buyer. If the Seller is unable to supply all of the goods quoted, these terms and conditions continue to apply to any part of the Sales Order supplied.
4. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Seller, delivery is at the Seller’s premises. If a delivery date is specified, that date is an estimate only and the Seller is not liable for any delay in delivery. Time is of the essence in relation to delivery and the Buyer must accept delivery and pay for the goods delivered including transport costs, if applicable, even if they are delivered after any specified delivery date.
5. The Buyer must inspect the goods or services immediately following delivery or completion of the services (as the case may be). The Buyer may only return goods with the prior approval of and at the sole discretion of the Seller. The goods must be returned within 10 days of the date of delivery in an unsoiled, undamaged and resaleable condition and, where appropriate, in the original packaging. A reasonable handling fee for any returned goods will be charged to the Buyer. Any claim that the goods or services are not in accordance with these terms and conditions (including if they are defective, damaged during delivery, are short delivered or services not as per contract) must be made at the time of delivery/services provided or in writing to the Seller within 48 hours after delivery of the goods/performance of the services to the Buyer. If the Buyer fails to make a claim then, to the extent permitted by law, the goods or services are deemed to have been accepted by the Buyer and the Buyer must pay for the goods or services in accordance with these terms and conditions.
6. If employees or authorised representatives of the Seller attend any premises as directed by the Buyer to install or apply any goods or perform any services, the Buyer will ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place and followed and generally implement good industry practice (including occupational health and safety policies and risk assessments for any dangerous or potentially dangerous activities) and act consistently with the Seller’s policies as notified to the Buyer.
7. Unless otherwise agreed, the Buyer must pay for goods or services ordered by the Buyer before supply of goods or completion of services. The Seller may charge an administration fee for any payments by credit card. Time is of the essence in respect of the Buyer’s obligation to make payment for goods or services supplied by the Seller to the Buyer.
8. Terms of Payment: Prices have been calculated on the basis that all monies due under the contract will be paid when due. Accordingly any delayed payment may at the discretion of INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION, incur interest at the rate of 2% for each calendar month or part thereof during which payment is delayed. Specific terms of payment are included with each Specification.
9. If the Buyer does not make any payment by the due date, commits any other material breach of these terms and conditions, or an insolvency event in respect of the Buyer arises or is reasonably suspected by the Seller, the Seller may (without limiting any other right or claim it may have against the Buyer) do any or all of the following: a) charge the Buyer interest calculated on a daily basis on any portion of the Buyer’s account that is overdue at the Australian Banking Group’s reference rate for business loans, available to prime commercial customers plus 5% calculated from the date the payment was due until the date payment is made (both dates inclusive); b) Cancel or suspend any unfilled orders or cease providing the services; c) Terminate any contracts between the Seller and the Buyer and demand immediate payment of any moneys due and outstanding under those contracts; d) Cancel any rebate, discount or allowance due or payable by the Seller as at the date of the event; e) Enter (at any time) any premises in which the Seller’s goods (including any merchandising materials) are stored, to enable the Seller to inspect the goods and to reclaim possession of the goods without liability for the tort of trespass, negligence or payment of any compensation to the Buyer whatsoever; f) Lodge a caveat or other similar instrument over any property of the Buyer to secure the charge in item 8 of these terms; and/or g) Institute any recovery process as the Seller in its discretion decides at the Buyer’s cost and expense.
10. If any part of an invoice is in dispute, the balance will remain payable and must be paid when due. The Buyer has no right to set-off any claim against the Seller from moneys owing to the Seller.
11. Goods supplied by the Seller to the Buyer are at the Buyer’s risk immediately on delivery to the Buyer or into the Buyer’s custody, including its carrier or forwarder. The Buyer must insure the goods at its cost from when the good are handed to the carrier against such risks as are usual or common to insure against in a similar nature to the Buyer.
12. Validity: The offer confirmed in the Specification is valid for 30 days from the date thereof, unless otherwise stated.
13. Price Variation: INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION may extend the offer contained in the Specification beyond the period of 30 days but reserves the right to change, the price commensurate with any increase in material or labour costs arising since the date of issue of the Specification.
14. Title: Ownership of and transfer of title to any goods or services delivered by INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION shall not pass to the client until full payment has been received. Until then all such goods must be stored and fully insured by the client such that they remain the legal property of INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION. In the event of any monies due under this contract not being paid when due, INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION may at anytime thereafter rescind this contract and, without prejudice to all of INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION rights to recover such unpaid monies in respect of services rendered and goods delivered and any other loss and damage caused by the breach and subsequent rescission of the contract, the client must, upon the request of INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION, forthwith return such goods delivered as requested back by INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION and in default of such return, INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION may enter the premises of the client and recover such goods.
15. Storage of Goods: In the event that a client fails to accept delivery then INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION reserves the right to charge storage costs at commercial rates from the dates of availability for delivery to the date of actual delivery. a) Storage charges at commercial rate will apply to goods that are not paid in full against invoice issues. This will be calculated on a daily basis and billed weekly. All charges and costs need to be met before goods are received. b) Stored goods are subject to Storage Charges. c) Project installation costs are based on multiple deliveries. If a furniture package cannot be installed at the time organised for the main installation then a separate charge will be calculated which will need to be paid for prior to installation.
16. Point of Delivery: Where clients arrange their own transportation, the point of constructive delivery is the point at which the goods are handed to the carrier. No claim for transit damage will be accepted in these cases.
17. Statutory Approval: Unless otherwise stated in the Specification the client has the responsibility to obtain licences, permits and other approval necessary for the works to be undertaken and completed.
18. Completion: Practical completion shall be when the premises are reasonably fit for occupation or use by the client, and minor defects or omissions shall not be claimed by the client as failure of completion for payment purposes. INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION will use its best endeavours to ensure that all minor defects or omissions are corrected without delay.
19. Hours of Work: The price included in the Specification allows for all of the work to be completed in one continuous operation, unless otherwise provided for in the Specification. Any costs of down time incurred by lack of access, or of services, or lack of continuity will be charged as a variation to the contract. INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION reserves the right in the event of undue delay to seek further progress payments to cover its commitment to the purchase of goods and storage charges caused by a delay. The client agrees to provide full and free access to the site of the works at all times during ordinary working hours.
20. Contract Variation: The contract will be completed strictly in accordance with the attached Specification. The only variations acceptable to INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION are those received from the client in writing and approved by INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION, or those for which INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION has issued its Standard Contract Variation Advice.
21. Quotations: Unless otherwise stated, prices quoted by INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION include the preparation of all drawings, colourboards, etc, necessary for completion of the work stated in the quotation Additional copies of those drawings, colourboards, etc, to facilitate changes to the Specification required by the client will be subject of an additional charge. An estimate on such additional costs will be given on request. All prices quoted are inclusive of GST.
22. Travel Costs: Unless otherwise stated, prices, all travelling, accommodation and associated out of pocket expenses reasonably incurred by INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION in fulfilling the contact will be charged to the client at cost. Economy class travel arrangements will be made for all INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION staff and sub-contractors. Principals and Directors of INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION will travel Business Class.
23. Goods: Will represent all products and or Design Services offered by INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION.
24. Copyright: The Copyright to all designs and drawings remains the property of INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION and such designs and drawings are not to be used or reproduced wholly or in part without the written consent of INTERNATIONAL FURNITURE CORPORATION.
25. To the extent permitted by law and subject to any written warranty entered into between Seller and the Buyer with respect to goods provided under these terms and conditions, these terms and conditions exclude all other conditions, warranties, liabilities or representations in relation to the goods and /or services. Where legislation implies in these terms and conditions any condition or warranty that cannot be excluded or modified, the liability of the Seller for a breach of any such condition or warranty is limited at the Seller’s option to any one or more of the following: a) In the case of goods: i. replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; ii. payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods, by credit to the Buyer’s account, in cash or by cheque at the Seller’s discretion; or iii. Repayment of any part of the purchase price of the goods which has been paid by the Buyer, by credit to the Buyer’s account, in cash or by cheque at the Seller’s discretion. b) In the case of advice, recommendations, information or services by supplying the advice recommendations, information or services again.
26. The Seller is not liable for any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever and however arising out of or in connection with the supply of goods and services, including (without limitation) any indirect or consequential loss (including without limitation loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of goodwill or increased cost of workings), arising out of or in connection with the supply of goods or services, even if due to the negligence of the Seller or any of its employees or agents, and the Buyer indemnifies the Seller in respect thereof.
27. The Seller may amend or vary these terms and conditions by notifying the Buyer in writing of the amendment or variation.
28. A 25% restocking charge will be paid by the buyer for any stock, imported or custom made goods cancelled for any reason.